Pan Seared Foie Gras, Sake Sautéed Plums W/ Ginger & Star Anise
- 1 pack foie gras slices 6 x 2 oz
- 1.5 lbs plums
- ⅔ cup sake
- 1 ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz ginger (cut into ¼ inch slices)
- Salt to taste
- 3 star anise
- 2 pieces lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients except Foie Gras and marinate in refrigerator 3-5 hours.
- Add mixture into hot pot & stir while cooking for about 4 minutes (until alcohol burns off & plums are just soft).
- Remove from heat, remove lemon zest, star anise, & ginger.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium high heat, and score one side of each slice of Foie Gras with a diamond pattern.
- Season both sides of Foie Gras with salt & black pepper. Place Foie Gras scored side down into dry, preheated sauté pan.
- Cook for approximately 1.5 – 2 minutes / side (the surface will caramelize forming a golden brown crust).
- Let rest for 2 minutes on paper towels.
- Plate with Plums, you can use star anise & zest for garnish if you like.