Foie Gras Terrine
- 1 LB Foie Gras, cleaned
- 1T kosher salt
- Pinch pink salt
- White Pepper to taste
- 1/4 T sugar
- 1 dash Chartreuse
- 1 ½ Qt Duck Fat
- Fleur De Sel
- Warm Brioche
- Season the foie gras with salt, pink salt, white pepper, sugar and Chartreuse.
- Using cheese cloth, roll into a torchon (long cylinder about 2 inch diameter) and hang in store in fridge overnight.
- The next day, heat duck fat to 180°F. Pour over torchon and let sit overnight until cooled.
- The next day, remove torchon from cheesecloth and pack into a terrine mold, making sure to eliminate all air pockets.
- Press with weights and chill overnight.
Slice the chilled terrine. Top with fleur de sel, serve with warm brioche.