- 1 Duck Carcass
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 1 ½ Cups Onion, Peeled & rough cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Carrot, Peeled & rough cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Celery stalk, Rough inch pieces
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- ¼ bunch Thyme, Fresh
- 3 T Canola oil
- Water to cover Bones.To make a more intense flavored stock use chicken stock instead of water
- Trim any extra fat from the duck carcass.
- Heat oil in a stock pot, add the duck carcass and sear it on all sides adding vegetables after the searing the second side.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, and reduce to about ¼ cup.
- Add enough water to cover the bones.
- Simmer for 2 ½ hours.
- Strain out the solids and cook with the duck stock, or chill it immediately and store in the fridge (4-5 days) or freezer (12 months).